Dec 28, 2009

Chicken Wing Dip


This is the famous chicken wing dip, as a native Buffalonain, I am all too familiar with Chicken wings.  (Side note: they are called chicken wings here - not Buffalo wings!).  I've seen many different versions of this recipe - but I think there are a few key ingredients that make this taste as authentic as possible - you have to use real blue cheese (not ranch!) and you have to use Frank's Hot Sauce (nothing else will work!).   I am also the type that will not used canned chicken - I'm actually afraid to buy it and see what's actually inside - so I just cook up some chicken and shred it.   This recipe is the prefect party food and is super easy to put together.  Enjoy - it's addictive!  
 
Ingredients 
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing, such as Maries
  • 1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
  • 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
 
Directions
1.  Combine all of the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, reserving some blue cheese crumbles for the topping. 
2.  Microwave on High for 5 minutes on High.  Stir.  Sprinkle with reserved blue cheese crumbles. 
3.  Serve with tortilla chips, celery sticks and baby carrots. 

Source:  adapted from Frank's

1 comment:

  1. I am also a Buffalonian LOL !!! I totally agree with the Franks Red Hot, it's the only hot sauce with Flavor!! I am going to try this recipe and have no doubt it will be delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete