Feb 23, 2010

Garlic Knots

Back before I started my own food blog - these was a time that this recipe was showing up on so many of the food blogs that I follow that I knew I had to try these.   And after making them once - I knew why they were so popular - they are perfect!  Light, fluffy and so easy to make - they were excellent with my pasta with bolognese sauce.  I can't wait to make them again - soon!
Ingredients
Dough
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. instant yeast
  • 1-1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 cup + 2 tablespoons lukewarm water (about 110 degrees F)
Glaze
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
Directions
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the flour, sugar, yeast and salt together. 
2. Add the olive oil, milk and water, and mix just to combine.
3. Switch to using the dough hook, and knead to form smooth, elastic dough, adding additional water or flour as needed.  (about 8 minutes)
4.Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and allow it to rise for about 1 hour, until it’s doubled in bulk.
5. Divide the dough into 8 pieces, and roll each into a rope about 10 inches long; tie each rope into a knot and tuck in the ends.
6. Place the knots on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for 45 minutes to about an hour.
7. To make glaze - combine the minced garlic, melted butter, and italian seasoning.
8. Brush the knots with the glaze. 
9. Bake the knots in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes until very lightly browned. 

2 comments:

  1. love these knots! isn't it such an awesome and easy recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing. I definitely love these rolls. I should probably make them again, soon!

    ReplyDelete