Apr 12, 2010

Blackened Chicken

This was the first meal this year made on my grill (I love it!) and dined on in our outdoor sunroom!  I love the warmer weather – and last week we had a nice taste of summer.  It is often not in the 80’s in April in Buffalo!  So made the best of it and cooked out for a few meals – luckily there was still propane in my grill.  I’ve actually never had to re-fill it since I got the grill last year – I better check on that.  It would really suck to run out of gas in the middle of cooking!
Ingredients
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. cumin
  • 1/4 tsp. thyme
  • 1/8 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
  • 2 tsp. canola oil
  • 2 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves
Directions
1. Heat your cast iron skillet or grill until it’s very hot. 
2. Mix together the all of the herbs/spices in a small bowl.
3. Rub 1 tsp. of oil into each piece of chicken, and then press the spice mixture into both sides.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet or grill. Cook about 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
Source: adapted from Elly Says Opa
Printer-friendly version

No comments:

Post a Comment