Jul 15, 2010

Kale Chips

I started reading Kath Eats about a year or so ago, and I find her blog to be very intriguing and inspiring.  I love seeing everything she eats.  If you don’t know what I mean – check her out.  I have a food blog – but this definitely is not everything I eat all day long.  Kath blogs every single thing she puts in her mouth.  It’s a way to keep tabs on your diet, and I think a great way to keep yourself in check.  You might not have that extra slice of cake, if you have to let the world know about it too.   I’ve taken a few tips from her blog into my own diet – like adding chia seeds to my oatmeal and yogurt.  But my favorite suggestion is definitely these Kale chips.  I’ve actually made them a few times but never got around to taking a photo yet.  They are basically just roasted kale.  But you will not believe how delicious and addictive they are.   Seriously – you will want seconds of your veggies with these, I promise.  So yummy!   

Ingredients

  • Kale (I use a half of a bag, about a salad spinners worth)
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
  • sprinkle of kosher salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven to about 375*

2. Tear the kale leaves off the thick stems and break into bite size pieces.

3. Wash with a salad spinner.

4. Spread out on cookie sheets. Drizzle with about 2 tsp of olive oil.  Sprinkle with Parmesan or your seasonings of choice. Plus a sprinkle of kosher salt.

5. Bake for about 15- 20 minutes, until edges are brown and kale is crispy when moved in pan.

Source: Kath Eats

Printer-friendly version

3 comments:

  1. at first I thought these would taste gross!
    Christine made these and now I eat them up. They are really good.
    The crispier the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love kale chips---now that it's so hot i haven't been making them but they're one of my favorite sides for dinner, esp with ketchup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting...honestly, I don't know if I would try these if it weren't for your recommendation. Sounds easy enough to eat and maybe Erin will even like them :)

    ReplyDelete