Nov 4, 2010

Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins

pumpkin cranberry muffins 1 
Sometimes my husband asks me to make treats for some of the groups he works with and I don’t always get enough advance notice to plan ahead.  So I have to try to figure out what I make with what I have already in my pantry.  Luckily I am well stocked in the pumpkin department – since I bought an excessive amount when it was finally back on the store shelves.   And I always keep craisins around to add to my salads.  So this combination of pumpkin and cranberry was absolutely perfect – and the muffins were soft and so delicious.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

makes 18 regular sized muffins

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • Cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. 

3. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

4. Add 1 cup canned pumpkin, milk and eggs; mix until just moistened.

5. Spoon into greased or paper-lined cupcake pans, filling 2/3 full and top with cinnamon sugar.

6. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Source: adapted from This way to his heart

Printer-friendly version

1 comment:

  1. Delish! I have all the ingredients on hand. Making these today!

    ReplyDelete