Jan 4, 2011

Grasshopper

grasshopper 1

A grasshopper walks into a bar and hops up onto the counter. The bartender says 'we have a drink named after you.' The grasshopper replies 'You have a drink named Carl?'

Such a funny joke – now I have a drink for you once you stop laughing!  Smile 

I’ve never had a grasshopper before – but since I bought both crème de cacao and crème de menthe for another recipe (coming soon), I had a mix one up for my husband and I.   It’s a really great substitute for dessert – especially if you blend in some ice cream – yum!  Enjoy!

grasshopper 2

Ingredients

  • 1 ounce green crème de menthe
  • 1 ounce white crème de cacao
  • 2 ounces milk, cream or soy milk

Directions

Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a cocktail glass to serve.  Top with whipped cream (optional). 

Source: adapted from Drinks Mixer

2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of mint, as christine has mentioned before.
    Therefore this drink is my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you buy those ingredients for peppermint patties? if not, let me know because you need that drink recipe!!

    this sounds soooo good too! might have to try this over the weekend...or sooner :)

    ReplyDelete