Feb 7, 2011

Red Quinoa and Avocado Salad

red quinoa salad 1

One of the things I love most about food blogging is learning and finding out about new food items that I’ve never tried before.  And I’ve been seeing quinoa pop up in many different instances.  Without knowing how I was going to use it, I bought a box of red quinoa at Wegmans on one shopping trip.  Just a few days later I got their Menu magazine in the mail (which I think I get because I spend so much money there!) that is full of recipes.  And this red quinoa and avocado salad really stood out to me.  I served it with some chili-rubbed salmon for a really healthy, weeknight dinner.  I think it would also be great over the summer with fresh corn at a picnic (yes – I am definitely tired of winter already!)

red quinoa salad 2

Ingredients

  • 3.5 oz Red Quinoa, cooked per package directions and cooled
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, (thawed if frozen)
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
  • 1 plum tomato, 1/4-inch dice
  • 1 avocados, peeled, pitted, cubed small
  • 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette (store bought or homemade)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions

1. Add cooked quinoa, corn, cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes to mixing bowl.

2. Fold in avocados and vinaigrette, mix until well-combined. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

Source: Wegmans

Printer-friendly version

No comments:

Post a Comment