May 2, 2011

Meyer Lemon Cookies

meyer lemon cookies 1

After making Meyer lemon sorbet – I happened to have a few more Meyer lemons buried in the depths of my produce drawer.  They were just hanging out in there for weeks as I used other items stored around them.  But I finally decided that I had to make something with them before they got moldy on me.  This recipe is a basic sugar cookie that has meyer lemon infused sugar and juice.  It gives it a nice citrus touch – without being too tart.   I rolled the cookies in the flavored sugar – and it gave them that crispy outer coating to go with the soft and chewy cookie.  Enjoy!

P.S. I’ll be out of town all week for work and over the weekend for a wedding – so this will be the only post for about a week or so.  Have a great one – I’ll be at the beach Smile 

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups plus 3 Tbsp. sugar
  • zest of two Meyer lemons
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup), softened
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/3 cup Meyer lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder

Directions

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners.

2. In a food processor, combine all of the sugar and the lemon zest. Process until combined.  Reserve 3 Tbsp. of the lemon-sugar and set side for rolling the cookies in.

3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and the remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well to incorporate. Add the lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until combined.

4.In a medium bowl, use a whisk to mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.

5. Portion out tablespoon-fuls of dough and roll in reserved sugar and place on baking sheets.

6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, switching baking sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.

Source: seen on Oishii Food from Tall Grass Kitchen

Printer-friendly version

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I love lemon cookies.....they are one of my top favorites. I am now following your blog and hope that you will stop by ours soon!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete