Jul 18, 2011

Strawberry Ricotta Popsicles

strawberry ricotta popsicles

It’s hot hot hot here – like 90 degrees – which is really hot for Buffalo.  We only have window air conditioners so we can sleep at night during the summer.  But the rest of the house is about as hot as it is outside.  I actually don’t mind it completely – because I’m in air conditioning at work, in the car and at night.  I don’t want to have to live all summer without actually feeling the heat summer (all you have to do is think about how cold it is during the winter – and you don’t mind the heat).   But the heat and humidity can be really draining – and these popsicles turned out to be the perfect relief to the heat.   They are super easy – you just mix everything up in your food processor and then pour into popsicle molds and freeze.  They are not overly sweet and they are creamy and refreshing.  You would never even know there was ricotta cheese in there if I didn’t tell you.   I think I’m going to finish up this post now – so I can go have one Smile   Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 1 pint (12 oz.) fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
  • 2 cups (15 oz.) part-skim or whole milk ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

Directions

1. Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add ricotta cheese, sugar and lemon juice; blend or process 2 minutes.

2. Pour into freezer pop molds and cover with popsicle mold tops.  Freeze 3 hours or until firm.  Makes 8-10 popsicles.

Source: My Baking Addiction

Printer-friendly version

No comments:

Post a Comment