Aug 31, 2011

Mocha Marbled Loaf Cake

mocha marbled loaf cake 2

First – I finally updated my recipe index and the about me page – I find the recipe index to be the easiest way for me to find inspiration when I’m not sure what to make.  I am also amazed with how many recipes I’ve been able to compile in less than two years of blogging.   Speaking of inspiration – I am now officially ***obsessed*** with Pinterest – you can follow me if you are also obsessed with pinning. 

Now back to this cake – I needed something easy that I could make in advance – so I always go for something frozen.  My husbands childhood friend Tom and his wife Sue were staying with us and his birthday was the same weekend – so of course a cake was in order!   This was a perfect easy no-bake dessert – an Oreo crust and an almost-ice cream like layers of whipped cream and chocolate mocha.   Simple to make, slice and serve!  Enjoy!

mocha marbled loaf cake 1

Ingredients

  • 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
  • 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 cups whipped cream, whipped
  • 2 Tbsp. instant espresso granules
  • 1 Tbsp. hot water
  • 1/2 cup chocolate syrup

Directions

1. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with foil.  Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a bowl until moistened. Press firmly into the bottom of the lined loaf pan.

2. Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until light and smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, mixing to combine. Fold in whipped cream. Set aside half of this mixture.

3. Dissolve coffee in hot water and fold into one half of the cream cheese mixture. Fold in chocolate syrup.

4. Spoon half of chocolate/coffee mixture over the crust. Top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Use a knife to swirl layers. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.

5. To serve, remove from freezer and lift out of pan. Remove foil and cut into slices.

Source: The Sweets Life

Printer-friendly version

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this! Wasn't it fabulous? Now I'm craving it :)

    ReplyDelete