As a child – I hated anything with mustard with a passion. I wouldn’t even attempt to like it – I turned my nose up and walked away. I’m still not a huge mustard eater – but I like it enough to try out dishes with mustard in them. They addition of honey really helps to balance out the mustard flavor. It also helps that these chicken tenders have a nice crispy panko crust. Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner! Enjoy!
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lay a baking rack over a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the panko, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. In another dish whisk together the butter, mustard, and honey.
3. Working one chicken strip at a time, dip the chicken first into the mustard mixture, then press into the panko until fully coated.
4. Place chicken tenders on the baking sheet, and cook 25-30 minutes, or until they are golden-brown and the chicken is cooked through.
Source: Pink Parsley